Eco Friendly Lunch Box for Safari-Tanzania Safari News
Tanzania safaris are a top bucket list for many travelers to Africa. On safari the key point is conservation that’s why we say take only memories and leave only footsteps and for this the Eco Friendly lunch box was thought of. Wild animals can be susceptible to any kind of disease or can be affected say by polythene bags and any remains in the national park. Not even are plastics and polythene bags healthy to humans. The key activity on a Tanzania wildlife safari is a game drive and for an exceptional encounter with wild animals in the diverse safari parks a full day game drive is the best way to have an experience to last forever. On the morning of a game drive hotels and lodges pack lunch for tourists but then commonly there is use of plastic containers and bottles. These are not good for the ecosystem and that’s how the idea of eco friendly lunch boxes came up.
Sandra Vaughan is the pioneer of the Eco-Friendly lunch boxes in Arusha an idea that can be the way to go for conservation with the increasing travelers to Tanzania each year. The most important fact, it has absolutely no plastics at all.
What is inside the Eco Friendly Lunch Box
Just like earlier stated, the boxes were made with a concept to make sure they are plastic free and eco-friendly, here is what is in the safari lunch box
- 100% No Plastics – The entire lunch box and its contents is 100% plastic free and everything will decompose within 6 months.
- Cutlery and food containers look like plastic but is made of PLA (Polylactic Acid). A biodegradable and bioactive thermoplastic aliphatic polyester derived from renewable resources, such as corn starch, cassava roots, chips or starch, or sugarcane. So completely natural ingredients.
- Wrappings are made out of biodegradable paper.
- The box itself is made out of paper carton.
- The juice carton is made of normal paper carton without the normal plastic straw. The juice is froze during the night then placed in the lunch box in the morning, in that way the traveler is able to have fresh food and juice for lunch. The juice is still delivered with a plastic straw attached to it from the supplier. They instead manually remove the plastic straw and replace it in the box with a bio-degradable straw made out of vegetables.
The plastic straws are sent back to the factory where they buy the juice so at least it doesn’t go to waste. For all the non-plastic materials such as the cutlery and food containers made out of PLA, they are all imported from the UK as they are not available locally.
Price of the Eco Friendly Lunch Box
With the expensive material and importation, the lunch box can be thought of to be expensive but then its all worth it. The lunch box costs 80 cents more than the usual lunch box per an eco-friendly lunch box and yet having such a great positive effect. On a Tanzania safaris tour this is the way to go, travel sustainable and save mother nature.
How to get an Eco-Friendly lunch box for your safari.
To ensure you have your lunch box ready before safari remember to book your tour in Tanzania early and ensure your tour operator book the eco friendly lunch boxes early from This N That (makers of the boxes).
Let’s travel green and sustainable and keep the heart of Tanzania the best wildlife home. The lunch boxes as earlier on said to be in Arusha doesn’t stop one heading to any of Tanzania safari wildlife parks to purchase the eco friendly lunch box. For the best game drives with your perfect and environment friendly lunch box a visit to Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area or Lake Manyara National Parks are the best Tanzania safari destinations.